CBRD Speedfactory
730 N Franklin St
York PA 17403
Phone: 717.751.2345
Fax: 717.751.0091
CBRD Speed Factory     |      Emotional Machines     |      Contact Us     |      Homepage     |      Register     |      Login

CBRD Discussion Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

06 WRX Options
TStouffer
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:42:07 PM
Groups: Member

I've got a 2006 Subaru WRX and I'm looking to gain some more power.

Current Mods: AEM CAI, HKS BOV, turboback exhaust (catted), AccessPORT V2, CBRD tune, AEM Boost Control, and suspension (I know it doesn't affect dyno results).

Tune Results: 235 WHP 301 WTQ

I've been trying to find some good ideas to gain more wheel power, but everyone's just been telling me to get exhausts and intakes. Ive thought about headers, but don't really want to do them because they I'd lose that nice subaru rumble sound. If you've got any ideas please let me know.
Mockylock
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:42:26 PM
Groups: Member

You can put headers on it without losing the sound, as long as you don't get equal length. The only things left for bolt-on type stuff, is upgrading the turbo, injectors and fuel pump.

Before you go much higher, depending on the miles and such, you're probably going to need a new clutch. While you're doing that, you can look at a lightweight flywheel, which has a possibility of giving you more WHP, and faster revs depending on what brand you go with. If you don't want to stress out the engine anymore, and take some of the burden from the drivetrain, you can probably look at doing that. It won't give the engine a HP gain, but it will definitely free up HP that's lost from the crank. I've read where some people had an 18% WHP gain, but I'm not sure if that's 18% overall, or difference in loss.